One of the key leadership teams at Otterbein Church that provides leadership for our church is the Board of Elders. The Board of Elders of Otterbein Church is comprised of the Senior Pastor and (6) men chosen to serve as Elders. Elders serve a three-year term from January-December. Two Elders are selected annually. Elders function as the spiritual leaders of the church and are responsible for the following:
– Provide spiritual care and accountability for the congregation.
– Provide spiritual oversight and guidance to the church staff and all ministry leaders.
– Appoint all ministry leaders.
– Determine and uphold the beliefs and values of the church.
– Oversee church discipline of members of the church.
– Work alongside the Management Oversight Team to assure the direction and vision of the church falls within biblical teaching.
During October each year, the congregation is invited to recommend names of persons for the office of Elder. If you are interested in serving as an Elder or if you know someone you think would be a great elder, please recommend their name for consideration. Recommendation forms are available in the church lobby at the Information Center or you can complete it online by CLICKING HERE. You can also download at PDF version of the form by CLICKING HERE.
Please note that all Elder Recommendation Forms must be submitted no later than November 8, 2015.