Jesus - Beginning Your Journey
We are committed to help you take the next step!
At Otterbein, we are committed to help you learn what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ as well as how to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ after you have chosen to follow Him.
If you have not yet chosen to commit your life to Jesus and become a follower of Him, I would encourage you to explore further what the Christian life is all about. We have put together some materials that we believe will help you make an informed decision and we would be happy to provide them to you. If you would like the information sent to your home, please click here and check the appropriate box on the contact form. You can also use the contact form to ask a spiritual question or to request an appointment with one of the church staff who would be happy to answer questions you have and assist you in your spiritual journey.
If you are ready to take the step of committing your life to follow Jesus Christ, click here for more information about the steps to peace with God. This information will help you understand all that is involved in making a commitment to follow Jesus.
If you have recently made a decision to follow Jesus or you are recommitting yourself, we would like to provide some additional resources to you that will help you know the next step in moving forward in your new commitment to follow Jesus Christ. Click here and check the appropriate box on the contact form.
We also would encourage you to do several other things:
- Begin attending worship services. We would love to have you attend Otterbein Church. If you are new to church, please click here for more information about Otterbein Church and what you can expect if you attend.
- Participate in one of the OC Core Classses that are offered on an annual cycle at our church. You can join the classes at any time during the year. For more information about the OC Core Classes, click here.
- Consider being mentored by a more mature follower of Christ. At Otterbein, we have a number of individuals who are committed to meet with persons on an individual basis for the purpose of helping them mature in their relationship with Jesus. If you are interested in this kind of mentoring relationship, contact the church office to learn more.
- Attend the Welcome to Otterbein class the next time it is offered. The class is taught by Pastor Mike and is offered several times throughout the year. It will help you know more information about our church and will help provide information about how you can become involved in the life of the church.
- Plan to be baptized as soon as possible. The Bible teaches us that Baptism is our way of telling others about the decision we have made to follow Jesus. This is an important part of our decision to follow Christ. Baptisms are scheduled during the summer of each year. Check the website or church bulletin for the dates.
Please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know how we can help. Following Jesus is the most important and best decision you will ever make. We want to help you experience this new relationship with Christ in the way God meant for it to be experienced.