The Easter Meal Outreach is a church-wide project to provide Easter meal bags for those struggling financially in our community. In cooperation with Waynesboro Area Human Services Council, we will hand out meal bags to those who are struggling financially or are senior adult shut-ins. We will also provide a pancake breakfast on Good Friday, March 30, 8–9:30 a.m. for those picking up their meal bags.
RECOMMEND SOMEONE TO RECEIVE A BAG: If you know someone in our church, your family or your community who is struggling financially or is a senior adult shut-in and would like to recommend that person to receive a bag, please email Linda Etter or call her at the church office, 717.762.7147.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE: Every bag will contain exactly the same items. Please ensure that sizes and quantities are exact. Please DO NOT include items not on the list. This will ensure that each family receives the same bag.
- (1) 40 oz. can sweet potatoes/yams (your choice of brand)
- (3) 14.5 oz. cans cut green beans (your choice of brand)
- (3) 15.25 oz. cans whole kernel corn (your choice of brand)
- (3) 7.25 oz. KRAFT macaroni and cheese (please buy KRAFT only)
- (1) large reusable grocery bags
- $15 for additional items provided by the church
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Individuals can purchase all the items listed above. They should be packed in a reusable shopping bag that can be purchased at Martin’s, Wal-Mart or other grocery stores. Estimated cost is $15. To complete the bag, send a check for $15 (Otterbein Church, 801 Park Street, Waynesboro, PA 17268) for the purchase of additional items provided by the church. Please note on the check that you completed the form online. You can also pay by credit card at the table in the lobby on Sundays. NOTE: All bags are due by Wednesday, March 28.
- Donate $30 for the purchase of a bag and all items. Checks should be made out to Otterbein Church with “food bags” written in the memo. You can also pay by credit card at the table in the lobby on Sundays.
- Volunteer time to help purchase food and organize for the packing party. We will contact you with additional information.
- Bake and donate cookies to be included in the bags. Cookies should be either chocolate chip, sugar or oatmeal raisin and packed by the dozen.
- Help pack boxes and set up for the distribution taking place Friday, March 30. This will be done immediately following the Maundy Thursday communion service on March 29.
- Help distribute boxes and clean up following the distribution on Good Friday, March 30, 7:30–10:30 a.m.
If you would like to be involved in any of these ways, please complete the form below letting us know how you will participate: