Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries
POSITION FILLED AS OF JANUARY 1, 2017
Otterbein Church is looking for a self-motivated leader with a passion for preschool and elementary age children to oversee and lead our Children’s Ministries (currently 250+ children). The ideal candidate will have:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion and clear vision for ministry to children from birth through grade 5
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities
- Skills in adult staff recruitment, training, and development
- A commitment to a large group/small group philosophy of children’s ministry
- Effective relational and communication skills with children and adults
- A desire to work as a team with other pastoral and ministry staff
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and oversight for the total children’s ministry (nursery-grade 5) of the church. This includes determining God’s vision for the children’s ministry (in conjunction with the overall purpose and vision of the church), vision casting, planning, and administrating the overall children’s ministry program.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee adult volunteers to assist with the children’s ministry.
- Oversee part-time Preschool and Nursery coordinators who provide leadership and ministry oversight on Sunday mornings.
- Work alongside the Pastor of Adult and Family Ministries and the Pastor of Youth Ministries in equipping and supporting parents of children in the spiritual nurture and development of their children.
- Work alongside the other full-time ministry staff in fulfilling the church’s purpose to “help people begin a relationship with Jesus, become more like Him, and connect with others who follow Him.”
We have an immediate opening for the position.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree. A degree related to children’s ministry/education is desired, but ministry experience with children and other training will be considered in place of a degree in children’s ministry/education. Applicants must have a strong understanding and knowledge of the Bible.
We desire a person with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading a children’s ministry within a local church context. We will also consider persons who have experience in teaching and/or administration in education or other related professions. Applicants finishing a college degree in children’s ministry will also be considered even if the minimum experience requirement is not met.
Hours and Salary:
The position is full-time with competitive salary commensurate to experience, ability, and education. An excellent benefit package that includes disability, personal development funds, reimbursement for business-related travel expenses, and health insurance is provided. Pension may also be available for qualified persons.
Information About Otterbein Church:
Otterbein Church is a nondenominational church with an average attendance of approximately 975 people. The church currently has three worship services on Sunday mornings. Otterbein is evangelical in doctrine/philosophy and has a strong emphasis on local and global outreach. The church has a healthy balance of all generations that includes children, youth, young adults, middle-aged adults, and older adults. Otterbein is blessed with great volunteers and a committed and experienced staff. Future plans include building a new church facility and relocating across town to a 50+ acre site which is currently owned by the church. Phase 1 of the relocation has been completed with the development of the Otterbein Community Recreation Park which serves both our church and local community.
Otterbein Church is located Waynesboro, PA. Waynesboro is in south central Pennsylvania and just north of the Maryland state line. Other communities close by include Hagerstown, Md., Chambersburg, Greencastle, and Gettysburg. Waynesboro is approximately 90 minutes from both Baltimore and Washington DC.
Resumes and/or questions regarding the position should be emailed to Rick Duesler, Director of Administration.
After reviewing resumes, applications will be sent to candidates the church wishes to pursue. Completed applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received. Interviews will be done at the discretion of Otterbein Church based on information included on the applications.