Coming together for an evening of worship as part of WaynesboroFest 2018 | Sunday, Sept. 23, 3 & 7 p.m. at Otterbein Church Worship Center, 801 Park St., Waynesboro, PA 17268
CLICK HERE if you would like to be part of the FOP ’18 Choir or Children’s Dance Team
The purpose of the event is to have a worship service for the community that utilizes the new music that many churches are using (or desire to use) in their Sunday worship services. Like many of you, Otterbein recognizes the value of time-honored hymns but also embraces and utilizes a wealth of new, inspiring, modern music that engages the heart and speaks the musical language of today. At FOP we want to have a community worship event that attracts and relates to people of all ages, inviting them to come together for a time of worship and praise of God.
The main part of the event will be a 100-voice choir that will be recruited from the Waynesboro community and area along with a vocal and instrumental praise band.
Below is some information about the event:
- FOP will be held at Otterbein Church worship center, located at 801 Park
- Street.This year we are planning two services, 3 and
- 7 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 23.Free tickets will be made available for each service.
- Like last time, almost all of the music will be contemporary praise and worship music. Some hymns and traditional songs may be mixed in, but modernized.The band (instrumentalists) will be made up, largely, of people from Otterbein Church. However, if you play, or know of someone who plays in a praise band and would like to participate, please call or email me to discuss any openings that might be available. Contact information is below.
- The primary way volunteers can participate in the event is through the worshipchoir. We envision this choir having at least 100 voices to help lead the singing. Anyone is welcome to be in the FOP choir, regardless of experience.
- In addition to the instrumentalists and choir, we will also have a vocal praise team. If you know of someone who is currently involved in a praise team, is an excellent soloist and can harmonize extremely well by ear, please ask them to call or email me.
- Rehearsals for the FOP choir will be Tuesdays, Aug. 28, Sept. 4, 11 and 18.
- The choir and praise team will be directed by Dave Besecker.
Like last time, we also want to include a children’s dance as part of the FOP worship experience. Mrs. Penny Jo Bach, Otterbein’s children’s dance instructor, will once again serve as the coordinator and teacher. Children from the community in grades 7–12 can participate, regardless of their previous dance experience. Rehearsals will be once a week beginning Wednesday, June 13, in the church lobby, 6–7 p.m. for students entering grades 7 and 8, and 7–8:30 p.m. for students entering grades 9–12. The church is located at 801 Park Street, Waynesboro. The best way to sign up for the dance group is for students to go to www.otterbeinchurch.org and click on the FOP’18 link. That will take you to an information page where you can fill out an online form. You may also call Penny Jo Bach at 717.414.9875. Deadline for students to sign up for the dance is Wednesday, May 30.